Financial Advisor Placement Services is the premier financial advisor placement firm that specializes in representing only financial advisors. There is no cost to the Advisor!
Many Wall Street brokerages and independent broker dealers are undergoing tremendous change. The warehouses continue to cut payouts and increase account minimums, while multiple mergers are consolidating the independent broker dealer landscape. The DOL’s Fiduciary Standard. Shawn K. Smith is the Principal of Financial Advisor Placement Services and founded it in 2009. Shawn has 23 years of investment industry experience and has worked directly with Financial Advisors during this time. Prior to founding Financial Advisor Placement Services, he worked at Ameriprise Financial as the Recruiting Manager for the Northeast Independent broker dealers. Before Ameriprise, Shawn worked as a Vice President of Sales at Sun Life Financial, in Wellesley, MA. Shawn was Assistant Vice President of Sales for Pioneer Investments in Boston and a Wholesaler at North American Funds in Boston in the late 1990’s. Shawn holds an MBA, from Bentley University and a BA in Economics from Princeton University.
We are always looking of new talent to add to our team. If you are interested in applying for a position is recruiter please submit your resume to: email@example.com all positions are 1099 contractor opportunities.
- Responsible for all phases of recruiting independent and retail financial advisors (business development, client service, research, search process, qualification of candidates, closing, etc.)
- Generation and maintenance of a pipeline of business through establishing strong relationships with financial advisors
- Performing market research to focus business development efforts on targeted companies/industries/geographies
- Identification of qualified and interested candidates through extensive research, direct recruiting, and referrals
- Contact all appropriate candidates for a particular search by phone and/or e-mail to gauge qualifications and interest
- Build and manage database of candidates and own personal network
Job requirements Qualifications of Recruiter:
- High school graduate or equivalent required. BA/BS preferred.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience with direct recruiting and network/database building
- Ability to interact effectively with senior-level executives as clients and candidates
- Broad range of advanced business experience crossing various industries
- 3+ years of executive recruiting experience or financial services experience
- Extensive background in business development and relationship building
- Knowledge and ability to relate to financial advisor candidates at the executive level
- Should be highly organized and committed to process-driven environment
- Should have entrepreneurial drive and be independent and self-motivated
- Must possess highest degree of integrity and ethics
Financial Advisor Placement Services is the premier financial advisor recruiting firm, Independent broker dealer firms & Independent broker dealer payouts that specializes in placing only financial advisors. There is no cost to the Advisor!