Shawn K. Smith is the Principal of Financial Advisor Placement Services and founded it in 2009. Shawn has 23 years of investment industry experience and has worked directly with Financial Advisors during this time. Prior to founding Financial Advisor Placement Services, he worked at Ameriprise Financial as the Recruiting Manager for the Northeast. Before Ameriprise, Shawn worked as a Vice President of Sales at Sun Life Financial, in Wellesley, MA. Shawn was Assistant Vice President of Sales for Pioneer Investments in Boston and a Wholesaler at North American Funds in Boston in the late 1990’s. Shawn holds an MBA, from Bentley University and a BA in Economics from Princeton University.
Financial Advisors who want to change firms, usually don’t have the background, knowledge, or time to have numerous discussions with many broker dealers. Your decision to find your next broker dealer is an important one. You will want your next broker dealer to fit your practice, and that’s where we add value-in sorting through all of the firms and identifying the ones to fit your needs and personality.
We are always looking of new talent to add to our team. If you are interested in applying for a position are recruiter please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org All positions are 1099 contractor opportunities.
- Responsible for all phases of recruiting independent and retail financial advisors (business development, client
- service, research, search process, qualification of candidates, closing, etc.)
- Generation and maintenance of a pipeline of business through establishing strong relationships with financial advisors
- Performing market research to focus business development efforts on targeted companies/industries/geographies
- Identification of qualified and interested candidates through extensive research, direct recruiting, and referrals
- Contact all appropriate candidates for a particular search by phone and/or e-mail to gauge qualifications and interest
- Build and manage database of candidates and own personal network
Qualifications of Recruiter:
- High school graduate or equivalent required. BA/BS preferred.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience with direct recruiting and network/database building
- Ability to interact effectively with senior-level executives as clients and candidates
- Broad range of advanced business experience crossing various industries
- 3+ years of executive recruiting experience or financial services experience
- Extensive background in business development and relationship building
- Knowledge and ability to relate to financial advisor candidates at the executive level
- Should be highly organized and committed to process-driven environment
- Should have entrepreneurial drive and be independent and self-motivated
- Must possess highest degree of integrity and ethics